Thursday, March 4, 2010

In Other Non-Food News

James and I got to take a couple of quick weekend trips in the last couple of months, all of which involved snow. Lucky for us because Seattle has had nothing on the snow front this winter, not a single flake.
The first stop was Leavenworth, an endearingly overdone Bavarian town 2 hours East of Seattle. We both made our first attempt at cross country skiing. For some of us *coughJAMEScough* it was the last attempt. Could be the amount of time he spent on his ass, just a theory.


Washington DC was definitely a spur of the moment trip, I think the tickets were booked a day and a half before we left. Added bonus: got to see my sister! Fail: didn't take any pictures. Grace and Kevan were wonderful hosts and I was more charmed by the city than I had expected.

Ok, just a little mention of food. It was my first experience in a Dean and Deluca. Oh. My. God. I could have spent hours just looking at all of their overpriced but probably wortheverypennyafterthefirstbite goods.

Cheese anyone?

The last trip was back home to Colorado. Pictures to come. Funny how going home makes you miss your family more. Oh, did I mention I skied? Twice? And even kind of liked it? Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment