Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Soggy Entry


After regularly visiting multiple cooking/food blogs I finally decided to create my own. What better way to start than attempting to one up one of my favorite bloggers? Nicole at Pinch My Salt recently tried these butterscotch sticky buns from a Food and Wine recipe. Though they didn't come out light and fluffy as the Food and Wine picture depicted, they still looked damn good. Plus I was determined that using the active dry yeast, I could bake that bun just as the picture shown in Food and Wine. I figured that was why Nicole's came out "too dense." So, I spent 25 minutes with my nose pressed against the oven window willing the rolls to rise, rise! They've got another 5 minutes baking time, they probably rise right at the end, right? No. Defeated. I'm not saying that I haven't already choked two down, but they did crush my dreams of fluffy cinnamon goodness. The glaze was a different story. The glaze I ate straight from the spoon...multiple times. Though I omitted the whiskey (note to self: keep whiskey on hand for uh, baking, yes, 60 ounces for the occasion glaze will do) it was still thick and rich. I also added a couple table spoons of maple syrup. In other words, I followed this recipe to a T, besides replacing whiskey with maple syrup. My suggestion? Take the glaze and run.

No comments:

Post a Comment