Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Quick Weeknight Din


I usually like to have a game plan before making dinner. Actually, if I'm really organized, I like to have a few dinners planned out on Sunday, go to the grocery, then feel like a grown up come Monday when I have a plan for dinner AND all the ingredients to make it happen. Or most of the ingredients, save a few James has to pick up on the way home. Then there are the majority of trips to the grocery store where I walk aimlessly through the aisles. I find a couple of new things that look good, I'm a sucker for packaging. I pick up things I know I like, squash, sugar (I just ran out) coffee, cereal, shrimp, apples (honey crisp), goat cheese and tomatoes. This is also the way I pack (except my closet only has one aisle). I find single items that I like without forming any outfits. I arrive at my destination to realize I have a cute dress I want to wear but I don't have the right shoes! Like the single food items, I like them all on their own but I put no thought into arranging them to create a meal. My lack of organization finally paid off. This is something I'll make again, intentionally.


Blanch some green and yellow zuchinni.
Let the zucchini hang out in the ice bath. Boil any type of pasta you like, I used angel hair. Saute shrimp with olive oil, garlic, basil and several halved cherry tomatoes.
Mix shrimp with zucchini and pour over the pasta.
Now, this is the most important step. Listen carefully. Generously sprinkle with goat cheese. Please. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment